Education for equivalency

Plaats hier je vraag, antwoord, standpunt t.o.v. de, Israelische politiek.

Moderators: Beheer, Matthew, The Dutch Forum Team

Education for equivalency

Postby E.T. » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:43 pm

Education for equivalency – translated by Yishai Harkohav (yharkohav@gmail.com)

Boy: Mom, today children from the West Bank came to visit us. They live near Ramallah.
Mom: How nice, peace, some dialogue, how educational, I am very happy to hear about it.
Boy: Mom, you know they were dressed very similar to us with jeans and t-shirts, not very stylish.
Mom: Never mind. Don’t pay attention to small details. They have very difficult living conditions. They have lots of children and it’s difficult to buy for many children the expensive clothing that you have. What did you do with them?
Boy: We ate. We played some games together, everybody, really everybody together.
Mom: Excellent. That’s a good and smart way to break down barriers.
Boy: What are barriers?
Mom: It’s like this. All these years you had stuffed into your head that there is a wall between you and those children. They explained to you that you are on one side and that they are on the other side. Now there is peace so we need to break down the wall and play with children from the West Bank as if they are your friends from the neighborhood.
Boy: Mom, some of them said that they have rifles in their houses.
Mom: Well, it’s because they have a strong and a brand new police and their fathers are policemen.
Boy: They said that they pray in their school and fast on fast days.
Mom: Arabs keep their traditions and customs. I see it to be very respectful. We shouldn’t despise the customs of others. It is very important that your school brought them, to show you that they are children just like you.

Boy: But mom, they didn’t speak any Arabic and they had kipot. I think they are religious Jews, you know, from the settlements in the West Bank.
Mom: What?? Your school is not normal! They invited a group of fanatic messiah believers to a school in Ramat-Aviv? Maybe you don’t understand, but it is very dangerous to think that because they are similar to you that they are the same as you. They are not! They are really NOT like us. They are fascists and a danger to democracy and because of them there is no peace. How dare your school invite them here? I am going to call your principal! I will call the congressman and the senator. This will not pass silently!!

Ken er minstens 2-3 op dit forum die precies zo zouden reageren :-).
E.T.
Veteran
Veteran

Postby roger coolen » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:58 am

Dat is eens wat anders dan Sam en Moos........

En als die 2 of 3 willen bellen......mogelijk kun jij hun het telefoonnummer geven ET :)
roger coolen
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Education for equivalency

Postby martin » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:03 pm

E.T. wrote:Education for equivalency – translated by Yishai Harkohav (yharkohav@gmail.com)

Boy: Mom, today children from the West Bank came to visit us. They live near Ramallah.
Mom: How nice, peace, some dialogue, how educational, I am very happy to hear about it.
Boy: Mom, you know they were dressed very similar to us with jeans and t-shirts, not very stylish.
Mom: Never mind. Don’t pay attention to small details. They have very difficult living conditions. They have lots of children and it’s difficult to buy for many children the expensive clothing that you have. What did you do with them?
Boy: We ate. We played some games together, everybody, really everybody together.
Mom: Excellent. That’s a good and smart way to break down barriers.
Boy: What are barriers?
Mom: It’s like this. All these years you had stuffed into your head that there is a wall between you and those children. They explained to you that you are on one side and that they are on the other side. Now there is peace so we need to break down the wall and play with children from the West Bank as if they are your friends from the neighborhood.
Boy: Mom, some of them said that they have rifles in their houses.
Mom: Well, it’s because they have a strong and a brand new police and their fathers are policemen.
Boy: They said that they pray in their school and fast on fast days.
Mom: Arabs keep their traditions and customs. I see it to be very respectful. We shouldn’t despise the customs of others. It is very important that your school brought them, to show you that they are children just like you.

Boy: But mom, they didn’t speak any Arabic and they had kipot. I think they are religious Jews, you know, from the settlements in the West Bank.
Mom: What?? Your school is not normal! They invited a group of fanatic messiah believers to a school in Ramat-Aviv? Maybe you don’t understand, but it is very dangerous to think that because they are similar to you that they are the same as you. They are not! They are really NOT like us. They are fascists and a danger to democracy and because of them there is no peace. How dare your school invite them here? I am going to call your principal! I will call the congressman and the senator. This will not pass silently!!

Ken er minstens 2-3 op dit forum die precies zo zouden reageren :-).

wat is het nut van een dergelijk verhaaltje? is dat settler paranoia in de trant van "kijk eens wat erg die mensen in ramat aviv zijn tegenover ons settlers?"

anyway, een niet erg slimme "mom", ik zie de shabak nog niet zo snel een schoolklasje vol palestijntjes op bezoek laten komen in TA :-).
en ik zie TA nog niet zo snel een klas vol settlers uitnodigen. dat is op zich wel jammer. er valt genoeg te discussieren.

Martin
martin
Veteran
Veteran

Postby E.T. » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:30 pm

martin wrote:wat is het nut van een dergelijk verhaaltje?

Ha ha ha! Shkauch Martin! Je hebt me een pizza&Coke op geleverd! Heb net gister avond met iemand gewed dat de eerste keer dat je het forum binnen komt en het verhaaltje leest precies deze reactie zal plaatsen. Ik zal aan je denken terwijl ik zit te smullen :D.
E.T.
Veteran
Veteran

Postby awi » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:16 pm

E.T. wrote:

Ha ha ha! Shkauch Martin! Je hebt me een pizza&Coke op geleverd! Heb net gister avond met iemand gewed dat de eerste keer dat je het forum binnen komt en het verhaaltje leest precies deze reactie zal plaatsen. Ik zal aan je denken terwijl ik zit te smullen :D.

Ergens goed flauwe humor... :)

Shabat Shalom allen
awi
Veteran
Veteran

Postby martin » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:15 pm

E.T. wrote:

:-) weer iemand blij gemaakt. ging de bet om mij persoonlijk om over een algemene reactie. eet smakelijk!

Martin
martin
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Politiek Israel